Undecided Student Advising

If I’m not sure which program I want to study at SCC, what should I do?

  • Returning students who are undecided about an academic program should schedule an appointment to meet with the career advisor for assistance in determining an appropriate major. Returning students should review the Academic Advising Responsibilities sheet.
  • After selecting a program of study, you should complete a Declaration of Major form in Student Affairs. You will then be assigned a faculty advisor who can further assist you in understanding your program requirements.
  • Visit your faculty advisor’s office to sign up for an appointment.
  • Students in special programs: EOF, NJ STARS, Veterans, etc. need to see both their faculty advisor and designated Student Affairs advisor. It is very important for students to see their advisor the semester prior to graduation to make sure all requirements have been met.
  • Advising for the summer and fall semesters begins in March and registration begins in April.
  • Advising for the spring semester begins in October and registration begins in November.
Thu, 05/11/2017 - 11:53pm