The Academic Support Lab (ASL) is now IN CANVAS!
Visit the ASL through our new Canvas course for virtual tutoring and academic support. To access the ASL Canvas course, follow the below steps:
- Login to the Online Services Portal at (https://sso.salemcc.edu/sso) using your credentials.
- Click on the Canvas icon.
- Scroll down to the "Dashboard" section on the homepage where your current courses are listed (or click on "Courses" in the left side menu bar) and click on the Academic Support Lab course (see image below).
Once in the ASL Canvas course, you can chat daily (M-F) with tutors through a live Conference, interact with our Tutors and other students through topic-based discussion boards, adn chcek out our subject-specific online resources.
If you have any issues accessing the ASL in Canvas, or would prefer to send us an email, please reach us at email@example.com.
- assist students to develop learning and study strategies,
- help students manage their time, and
- offer tutoring and supplemental instruction.
Tutoring support offers:
Walk-in tutoring for:
- Developmental math
- College-level math
- Developmental and college-level English
- Social Sciences
- Computer Applications
- Writing for all subject areas
Tutoring for other subjects by request
In each tutoring session you can expect to:
- Meet one-on-one or in a small study group with a tutor based on the course, your specific need or the specific assignment.
- Gain an understanding of the material taught in class.
- Develop learning strategies to help improve in-class understanding and study skills to help you prepare for exams.
To make your tutoring session successful, come prepared with:
- Course syllabus and assignments
- Textbook and other supplemental materials that you are currently using in class
- Pencil, pen and paper
- Calculator for math
- Your questions and concerns
The Tutoring Lab’s writing specialist offers writing assistance in all subject matters. The writing specialist can help you:
- organize your thoughts,
- develop a strong thesis,
- use APA or MLA formatting correctly and
- cite sources correctly.