Current High School Student
As a Current High School student, you may be eligible to participate in a variety of opportunities. We have partnered with many local high schools to help you further your education.
High School Option
Students who are enrolled in High School, have the option to take classes at SCC at a discounted rate, plus additional course fees (see tuition and fees page). In order to take classes at this discounted rate, students can complete the following steps:
- Apply to SCC Online.
- Submit/Mail Official High School transcript to SCC Admissions.
- *Take the Accuplacer Placement Test. Call us at (856) 351-2716 to schedule an appointment.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to register for classes. Call Advising at (856) 351-2716 to schedule an appointment.
*Students in their Freshman and Sophomore year must take the Accuplacer placement test regardless of their GPA. Students in their Junior and Senior year who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher do not need to take the placement test. Students in their Junior and Senior year whose GPA is below a 3.0 must take the placement test.
Mail Official High School Transcript to:
- SCC Admissions
- Salem Community College
- 460 Hollywood Avenue, Carneys Point, NJ 08069
College Acceleration Program (CAP, DUAL CREDIT)
Salem Community College has partnered with local high schools to provide a Dual Credit program that allows students to earn credit for classes taken at their high school.
Each high school has their own unique process for awarding Dual Credit. Students at these schools can contact their high school guidance office for more information:
- Salem High School - (856) 935-3900
- Salem County Vo-Tech High School - (856) 769-0101
Salem Community College has collaborated with the following high school's to develop a Dual Credit program where students can elect to earn Dual Credit for selected approved courses. Dual Credit is only awarded for courses in the year in which the student takes the course and is non-refundable. Please reference your high school's Request for Dual Credit form for additional details. To view what courses are eligible for Dual Credit, please contact your high school guidance office.
- Penns Grove High School - (856) 299-6300
- Pennsville High School - (856) 540-6200
- Woodstown High School - (856) 769-0144
- Arthur P Schalick High School - (856) 358-2054
- Gateway Regional High School - (856) 848-8200
- Paulsboro High School - (856) 423-2222
In order for students to earn Dual Credit at these high schools, they can complete the following steps and submit all materials to Salem Community College by February 25, 2022:
- Apply to SCC Online.
- Submit High School Transcript or Report Card.
- Submit Request for Dual Credit Form (Unique to each high school and available at the high school guidance office or at SCC)
- Submit full payment for courses
Dual Credit may be transferable to other institutions. Students can request their Salem Community College transcript be sent to another institution by visiting: www.getmytranscript.com
This program is unique to students in their senior year at Pennsville High School and allows them to take classes at Salem Community College during their senior year. For more information, please contact the guidance office at Pennsville High School.
Penns Grove Engineering Academy
This program is unique to students in their Senior year at Penns Grove High School and allows them to take classes at Salem Community College during their senior year. For more information, please contact the guidance office at Penns Grove High School.