fbpx College Acceleration Program (CAP) | Salem Community College

College Acceleration Program (CAP)

What is College Acceleration Program (CAP) also known as dual credit?

The Salem Community College dual credit program or College Acceleration Program (CAP) allows high school students the opportunity to enroll in and receive both high school and college credit during normal class hours at their high school.  Participation in the CAP program enables high school students to get a head start on their college career, as well as prepare them for the rigors of college courses. Credits earned under this program will apply toward a degree at Salem Community College and are widely transferable to colleges and universities in the State of New Jersey and outside of New Jersey.

Each area high school offers specific eligible and approved dual credit courses. Check with your guidance department or school curriculum catalog for specific dual credit courses for your high school.  Generally speaking, there is a full-range of 100 and 200 level general education core courses for dual credit.  Courses may include, but are not limited to, the following:  English and English composition, literature, foreign languages, history, math and science.  Students must earn 73% or higher in each dual credit course to be eligible for dual credit at Salem Community College.  Once you earn the required grade in an eligible course, you automatically earn college credits at Salem Community College and must apply and request the credits. 

Current High School Students




How do I obtain an official transcript from Salem Community College for the college credit?

To obtain an official college transcript, on or before July 31 of each academic year, you must bring your high school transcript to the Office of Enrollment Management (Donaghay Hall) and complete an SCC application. It is always a good idea to request the official college transcript as soon as high school graduation is done. Once you submit payment for each three-credit or four-credit course, you will be issued an official SCC transcript, which will be used when meeting with your college advisor.

Our registrar plays no role at all in the transfer of credits to other schools beyond providing an official transcript. To transfer credits, contact SCC’s registrar at registrar@salemcc.edu or call 856-351-2910.


Questions about CAP?

Contact: admissions@salemcc.edu

Salem Community College Enrollment Management: (856).351.2716


Questions about obtaining transcript?

Contact: registrar@salemcc.edu

Salem Community College Registrar: (856).351.2910